NOTE: Board members and families will hold a social hour from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 pm. Meeting will start at 7:00 pm.
I. CALL TO ORDER. Chair Chuck Prentiss.
A. Kailua Neighborhood Board Emergency Preparedness Town Fair, September 27, 2014 at Whole Foods Parking Lot, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
III. PUBLIC AGENCIES.
A. Honolulu Police Department.
B. Honolulu Fire Department.
C. Marine Corps Base Hawaii.
D. Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s Representative.
E. Governor Neil Abercrombie’s Representative.
IV. RESIDENT AND COMMUNITY CONCERNS (Three (3) minutes each).
(Please sign in at meeting, or email Chairperson Chuck Prentiss at email@example.com).
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS.
A. Kawainui-Hamakua Marsh Master plan. Discussion and action. Request for response to Board’s comments on the master plan, and for Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) community meetings before environmental impact statement (EIS) is submitted.
VI. BOARD MOTIONS
1. The Kailua Neighborhood Board opposes Bill 17 that removes the Department of Planning and Permitting’s (DPP) ability to make rules regarding shoreline setbacks and removes provision for government agencies to remove minor structures that cause erosion or impact public access.
2. The Kailua Neighborhood Board requests the State of Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) to expeditiously install an appropriate traffic signal at the intersection of Ulupii Street and Kalanianaole Highway.
3. The Kailua Neighborhood Boards supports mandating the Honolulu Department of Planning and Permitting (DPP) to impose maximum authorized fines on violators of ROH Chapter 21 for engaging in a commercial use not permitted in a residential-zoned area as addressed in Bill 50.
VII. PRESENTATIONS: (10 Minutes each)
A. Sewer Tunnel project update, John Katahira, Limtaco Group.
B. Briefing on Draft Revised Koolaupoko Sustainable Communities Plan, Raymond Young, DPP.
C. No Longer Homeless project, board member Tony Locricchio.
VIII. ELECTED OFFICIALS (Three (3) minutes each).
A. Councilmember Ikaika Anderson.
B. Senator Jill Tokuda.
C. Senator Laura Thielen.
D. Representative Ken Ito.
E. Representative Cynthia Thielen.
F. Representative Chris Lee.
IX. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Minutes of June 5, 2014 and July 3, 2014.
X. COMMITTEE REPORTS.
A. Parks and Recreation Committee – Chair, Jon Chinen
1. Lanikai Pillbox Trail-The Committee is concerned about the previous news reports about photographs of visitors taking pictures atop the pillbox roofs and their deteriorating state. The Committee will be reaching out to elected officials asking if signage or a lack thereof could reduce liability to the State and City due to risk of injury.
2. Kailua Beach Park-The launch site for kite surfing is marked with extra signage at Kailua Beach Park, which should reduce risks at the beach park.
Next meeting Third Thursday, September 18 at 7:00 p.m. at Kailua District Park Arts & Crafts Room.
B. Public Safety, Public Health, and Civil Defense (PHPSCD) – Chair, Claudine Tomasa.
1. September is National Emergency Preparedness month. Activities promoting preparedness are being held throughout Oahu. The Kailua Neighborhood Board is sponsoring our own Emergency Preparedness Town Fair on Saturday, September 27, 2014, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. located in the Whole Food Market Parking Lot. The public is invited to join us and learn how to prepare for an emergency at home and in the work place. Kailua NHB members – please sign up to man our booth. Sign-up list is being circulated.
2. Kailua CERT Group meets the third Tuesday of each month. 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Call Leslie for more information at 728-7991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. New CERT classes for month of- September: Saturdays September 13, and 20, 2014; 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the City & County of Honolulu Frank Fasi Building/DEM EOC, and September 27, 2014 at Battery Harlow/Diamond Head.
New CERT classes for month of -October: Saturdays October 11, and 18, 2014; 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the City & County of Honolulu Frank Fasi Building/DEM EOC, and October 25, 2014 at Battery Harlow/Diamond Head.
For more information call Jeff Spencer 723-8960 or email email@example.com
Next meeting is second Thursday, September 11, 2014, 6:30p.m- 8:00 p.m. Kailua Recreation Center, Arts and Crafts room.
C. Government and Community Services – Chair, Matthew Darnell
1. Homeless problem.
Next meeting is second Thursday, September 11, 2014, 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., Kalama Beach Park.
D. Planning, Zoning & Environment – Chair, Donna Wong
1. City and County Department of Wastewater Management. Kailua Regional Waste Water Treatment Plant (KRWWTP) odor control project.
2. Kawainui-Hamakua Marsh Master Plan.
3. Koolaupoko Sustainable Communities Plan.
Next meeting is third Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., Kalama Beach Park.
E. Transportation and Public Works – Chair, William Hicks
1. Kailua traffic issues update.
Next meeting second Thursday, September 11, 2014, 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Kailua Recreation Center, Arts & Crafts Room.
F. Treasurer’s Report. Claudine Tomasa.
G. Chair’s Report:
1. Committee agendas due to Chair by Sunday, September 21, 2014.