DEADLINE TO SUBMIT COMMENTS ON DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT (DEIS) IS THIS TUESDAY FEB 6TH
A few of many concerns with this DEIS:
- A tripling in monthly visitors to Kailua from 2960 to 9950.
- Accelerates the trend of natural resource degradation
- Negatively impacts endangered species control efforts
- Affects residents quality of life
- Inadequate management of wet land areas and flood control in residential areas.
- Ignores the alternative Community Plan that was endorsed by the Kailua Neighborhood Board, Hawaiian Civic Club, LaniKailua Outdoor Circle, the Audubon Society, Keep it Kailua and Hawaii’s Thousand Friends.
- Cost estimate $67,000,000. How will this be funded?
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
ACT NOW -DEADLINE – TUESDAY FEB 6, 2018
LINK TO THE DEIS
SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO:
RONALD A. SATO, AICP, SENIOR ASSOCIATE
733 BISHOP STREET SUITE 2590
HONOULU HI 96813
AND COPY TO:
Ms. Marigold Zoll
Oahu Forestry and Wildlife Manager
STATE OF HAWAI’I
DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND NATURALRESOURCES
P.O. BOX 621
HONOLULU, HI 96809